On 18 November, 2021, over 2,000 gender equality advocates gathered virtually for the announcement of the next Women Deliver Conference (WD2023), the largest convening for gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women in the world, which will take place in Kigali, Rwanda and online from 17-20 July 2023.
WD2023 will convene thousands of decision-makers from diverse fields, including civil society, government, the private sector, and international agencies, alongside women’s rights organizations and movements, youth-led and LGBTQIA+ organizations, and advocates representing the intersectional identities of girls, women, and underrepresented populations, to identify solutions and drive change.
As a part of Women Deliver’s USD four million programming investment around gender equality, WD2023 will serve as a critical policy moment and an opportunity for stock-taking and accountability at the midpoint of the Generation Equality Forum’s five-year process for global gender equality action, to achieve irreversible progress towards gender equality by 2026, founded on a series of ambitious actions.
Watch the recording to hear from over 30 diverse and influential gender equality advocates from around the world, including government, youth, civil society, and private sector leaders, and Femi Oke, Co-Founder, Moderate the Panel, about:
- The date and location of WD2023
- The WD2023 Advisory Group members
- New program elements, including Regional Convening Partners
- An innovative hybrid convening model
- Early pledge sponsors and funders
- The winner of the Conference Registration giveaway!
Speakers and performers include:
- Allison Tummon Kamphuis, Vice President, Equality & Inclusion and Community Impact, Procter & Gamble
- Bettina Baldeschi, CEO, International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA)
- Erica Tandoh (DJ Switch)
- Flemming Møller Mortensen, Minister for Development Cooperation and Minister for Nordic Cooperation, Denmark
- Helen Clark, Former Prime Minister of New Zealand and Women Deliver Board Member
- Minister Jeannette Bayisenge, Minister of Gender and Family Promotion, Government of Rwanda and Chair of the WD2023 Host Country Committee
- Joshua Tabah, Director General, Global Health and Nutrition, Global Affairs Canada
- Judy Gitau, Regional Coordinator, Africa, Equality Now
- Kevin Ali, CEO, Organon
- Lopa Banerjee, Executive Coordinator, Generation Equality and Director, Civil Society Division, UN Women
- Maria Sjödin, Acting Executive Director, Outright Action International
- Neha Mankani, Strategic Advisor, AmplifyChange
- Noelene Nabulivou, Executive Director, DIVA for Equality
- Pooja Singh, Youth Engagement Officer, the Adolescent Girls Investment Plan
- Raj Kumar, President and Editor-in-Chief, Devex
- Mme Safiétou Diop, President, Réseau Siggil Jigéen (Deliver for Good Senegal)
- Sakeena Razick, Program Associate, CREA
- Tessie San Martin, CEO, FHI360
- Virginia Ossana, Communications and Program Advisor, Women Enabled International
- Zanda Desir, Women Deliver Young Leader Alum, Class of 2018
- And many more!
Together, we can and will catalyze the political change, investments, action, and accountability needed to drive progress toward a gender-equal world at WD2023 and beyond.
To learn more about the Women Deliver 2023 Conference and how you can get involved, visit WD2023.org.
Pour en savoir plus, visiter : wd2023.org/fr
Para más información, visite: wd2023.org/es