MEDIA & CONTENT CREATORS
About the WD2023 Media Program
The Women Deliver 2023 Conference (WD2023) will take place in-person in Kigali, Rwanda, as well as virtually, from 17-20 July 2023. We expect to convene 6,000 people in Kigali and thousands of people online through the virtual Conference and six-month Global Dialogue leading up to the Conference. As one of the largest multi-sectoral convenings to advance gender equality, the Women Deliver 2023 Conference and Global Dialogue are co-created by grassroots advocates, multilateral governments, the private sector, philanthropies, and youth, including from and representing communities facing systemic discrimination.
During the Conference, media and content creators will have access to the media lounge and a daily press program. The media pass will provide media and content creators with an opportunity to participate in and report on conversations on how to break barriers, address challenges, and identify opportunities to advance gender equality and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and improve the wellbeing of girls and women worldwide.
Pre-registration is now over. Media may ask to register on site, and the Women Deliver team will assess per capacity and space availability.
To register, you will need to provide information including:
- Copy of a valid press card. In the absence of a press card, you may submit additional materials.
- Links or PDFs of relevant articles/pieces.
- A letter of assignment from your news organization.
- For content creators, submit an official letter of assignment (on company letterhead) from a bona fide producer or organization that states that they are covering the Conference for the organization OR provide a CV with links to your primary platforms.
Note that any journalist who wishes to cover issues in Rwanda outside of WD2023 must additionally request accreditation from the Rwandan Government here. Journalists only covering the WD2023 Conference do not need to go through this additional step.
For more information on media accreditation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Contacts to facilitate interviews with Women Deliver:
- Pam McLeod: firstname.lastname@example.org ; +27 82 872 6387
- Jen Grady: email@example.com ; +1 781 690 3675
- Elisha Kamau: firstname.lastname@example.org ; +254 (0) 721 647 153
- Sanam Dadhiala: email@example.com ; +254 735 103 286
- Ashla Mogane: firstname.lastname@example.org ; +27 66 221 6714
- Ayabulela Sogayise: email@example.com ; +27 79 962 1111
Contact to facilitate interviews with the Government of Rwanda:
Jules Rutarihire, Content Research Specialist
Office of the Government Spokesperson (OGS)
Phone number: +250788359651
- Women Deliver
- Youth Deliver