The Women Deliver 2023 Conference (WD2023) will adopt a greater focus on partnerships than ever before by building bridges between diverse actors, including the private sector, in order to bring country-level advocates’ perspectives to bear, both in-person and virtually, every step of the way.
Women Deliver is pleased to share a new opportunity for regional engagement during WD2023 and the Global Dialogue by working with Regional Convening Partners. Regional Convening Partners will mobilize and convene advocates within their region to advance the conversation around gender equality before, during, and after the Conference as part of WD2023’s expanded Global Dialogue. As WD2023 is a global Conference, it is important for advocates to share progress, exchange ideas, and solicit feedback within their own regional context toward coordinating collective action in line with shared advocacy priorities.
Regional Convening Partners were selected given their commitment to gender equality and dedication to convening diverse advocates and stakeholders in their region. Partners have been chosen in the Americas, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Southern Africa, and Asia. We are currently in the process of selecting partners in the Pacific region. These partners will serve as the secretariat of a regional committee that will plan and execute regional mobilization before and during WD2023.
Current partners include:
- City of Bogotá, Colombia
The Americas Host Committee Chair: Claudia López, Mayor of Bogota
- Arab Institute for Women at the Lebanese American University
MENA Host Committee Chair: Dr. Lina Abirafeh, Global Women’s Rights Expert, Arab Institute for Women
- The Asian-Pacific Resource and Research Centre for Women (ARROW), Malaysia
Asia Host Committee Chair: Sivananthi Thanenthiran, Executive Director of the Asian-Pacific Resource and Research Centre for Women (ARROW)
- The Victorian Government, in partnership with the Commonwealth of Australia
Pacific region Host Committee Chair: The Honorable Natalie Hutchins MP, Minister for Women
Map of confirmed Regional Convening Partners
Regional Convening Partners commit to:
- Publicly championing gender equality.
- Prioritizing regional participation (outside of one’s own country) at all events.
- Developing accessible and inclusive event(s) during the Global Dialogue.
- Participating in WD2023’s Advisory Group.
- Establishing and serving as the secretariat of a regional committee to plan and execute regional mobilization before and during WD2023. This committee, comprised of local and youth-led civil society organizations, local and regional government representatives, and the private sector, will develop an overall strategy and a set of activities for the Global Dialogue — taking place for the six months prior to WD2023 — and for the Conference itself.
- Hosting a satellite event or a series of satellite events in a distinct global region (in-person or virtually) during the Global Dialogue.
- Engaging with media around WD2023 and serving as a representative of a distinct global region ahead of and during the Conference.
- Participating in WD2023 with a focus on elevating the perspectives of women’s rights organizations and movements, youth-led and LGBTQIA+ organizations, and advocates representing the intersectional identities of girls, women, and underrepresented populations belonging to a distinct global region.
- Hosting a regional networking session at WD2023.