Meet the Steering Committee Members:
- Ashrafunnahar Misti, Women with Disabilities Development Foundation (WDDF)
- Tahsin Rahman, Naripokkho
- Sohanur Rahman, Youth Net Bangladesh
- Nalini Vaz, Sightsavers Bangladesh
- Abirami Jothee, AIDMAM-NCDHR
- Dolon Ganguly, Azad Foundation
- Nanda Dwinta, Yayasan Kesehatan Perempuan (YKP)
- Rebecca Liony, Pamphlet
The Committee Members have focused on four key themes that will be highlighted during the Regional Convenings:
- Inclusivity: The convening will focus on promoting inclusivity and addressing the unique challenges faced by girls and women in all their intersecting, including those from marginalized groups, individuals identifying as LGBTQI, people with disabilities, and tribal/indigenous populations.
- Young People’s SRHR: The convening will focus on improving access to modern contraceptives and Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) for young people, with an emphasis on promoting safe and healthy sexual and reproductive behaviors.
- Women’s Rights and Girls’ Rights: The convening will focus on promoting women’s and girls’ rights, with a priority towards promoting access to modern contraceptives, family planning, and safe delivery. It will also address the decline of women in workforce participation and promote women’s participation in political decision-making.
- Gender, SRHR, and Climate Change: The convening will explore the intersection between gender, SRHR, and climate change. It aims to identify actionable strategies for promoting gender equality and addressing the impact of climate change on women and girls in the region.
If you would like to learn more about the Regional Convening, please contact: